Hotel Petaluma Guest Policies
Check-In & Check-Out
Check-in time is 3:00 pm, and check-out time is 11:00 am.
First night’s room and tax will be charged at the time of booking. The remaining balance will be charged at check-in. Please note we do not accept cash for payment.
Our guests may cancel without penalty any time up to 4:00pm on the day prior to arrival. (This does not include reservations made at a special “Advance Purchase” rate. Non-refundable rates are indicated at the time of booking)
We are happy to have your pet join us. There are a few rules for pets at the Hotel Petaluma.
- A deposit of $100 is due at the time of check-in. This is refundable to you and your pet upon departure provided your room shows no evidence of outstanding pet damages.
- A charge of $20 per day will be applied to your room. This daily charge is nonrefundable and covers the cost of additional cleaning required during and after your stay.
- Your pet may not join you in any of the Hotel’s meeting and banquet facilities.
- Your pet(s) must be on a leash and in your control whenever they are out of your room.
- Your pet must not be left unattended at any time. For information on pet sitting services, please call the front desk.
- With regards to housekeeping services, our staff will not service your room unless your pet has been removed. If you would like to request housekeeping services at a designated time, please advise the front desk staff. If no such time was arranged and the staff could not access the room, fresh towels, linens, and amenities may be requested at a later time.
- You are responsible for the actions of your pet. Should the animal create a disturbance for our guests and you cannot be reached, we reserve the right to contact the local humane society and have your pet removed from the hotel. Any cost involved will be your own responsibility.
- Should there be any damage to the room or disturbance to other guests as a result of the actions of your pet, we reserve the right to bill you for the cost of restoration of the room or compensation made to other guests.
Hotel Petaluma does not have designated hotel parking. However, there are several free parking options available to you, detailed below.
Right outside the 205 Kentucky Street entrance, you will find two 10-minute loading zone parking spaces (white curb).
2-Hour Street Parking Spots
Good for: Arriving after 4pm, one-night stays, departing before 10am, Saturday night stays.
The 2-hour parking spots on Kentucky, Mary and Keller Streets are perfect for unloading, and also for overnight parking after 4:01 pm nightly Monday-Saturday. The 2-hour restriction is enforced Mon-Sat from 8am-6pm. If you do park after 4 pm in one of the 2-hour spaces, you will need to move it before 10am the next morning. Street parking is without time limits all day on Sundays.
Unrestricted Street Parking
Good for: Guests who don’t mind walking, guests wanting to “set it and forget it”.
Up the street from the hotel and into the residential areas, the 2-hour parking restriction ends and street parking is free and unrestricted. You can usually find a spot within 3-4 blocks of the hotel.
Keller Street Garage Parking – Overnight
Good for: Guests who don’t mind walking, longer-term guests.
We have a limited number of parking passes for overnight and extended parking for the Keller Street Garage, located just 0.1 mile from the hotel. You may park with one of those passes for up to 72-hours without having to move your vehicle. The pass is valid for the length of your stay. All parking with our passes is on the roof only. There is a refundable $50 deposit required to obtain this pass, available at the front desk.
Keller Street Garage Parking – Daytime
Good for: Guests not staying overnight, guests planning to move their car to the street after 4pm.
You may park without a pass in that same garage during the daytime only. The levels of the garage have different time limits; the lower levels are 4-hours, and the upper floors are 10-hours. Vehicles may not be parked overnight without a hotel parking pass.
Bank of America Parking Lot – Weekends Only
Fridays after 5:30 pm, Saturdays & Sundays- we also have a limited number of free parking passes for the Bank of America Parking lot. These are available on a first-come first-serve basis. There is no deposit required for these; however there are very specific times of use for these passes; please ask the Front desk to learn more, if you are interested.
- All parking in downtown Petaluma is free!
- The on-street 2-hour parking spots are free and great for the hours of 4:01 pm through 9:59 am the next morning, Monday-Saturday.
- Street parking is without time limits all day on Sundays.
- The garage on Keller Street is great for any daytime hours without a pass.
- The garage on Keller Street is available overnight, only with our parking pass.